Current Available Positions
Purpose: Plan and prepare nutritious meals for Detox clients including those clients in the Integration Program
Description of Responsibilities:
The cook is responsible for planning and developing menus and preparing of meals that meet the needs of our clients. Special considerations shall be given to those clients in detox who because of their condition have special dietary needs. Other responsibilities of the Cook are that food preparations meet all required regulations and institutional guidelines as set forth by the state regulatory agencies.
- Plan weekly menus in conjunction with the Detoxification/Integration Supervisor
- Purchase food and supplies.
- Prepare and serve meals to clients.
- Prepares and store meals to be served by Detoxification staff when cook is not on duty.
- Prepare food to meet special or temporary dietary needs of individual clients.
- Maintain hygiene of kitchen and dining areas.
- Assist (when time permits) in the upkeep of Detoxification Component: maintenance, laundry, vacuuming and making up rooms.
- Other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED with some training in the culinary arts.
- Three years work experience as a cook.
- Ability to plan and prepare nutritious meals.
- Knowledge and ability to implement food safety and service regulations.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Contact with Detoxification clients.
- Brief trips for food purchasing.